Do you love Camp Namanu? Join Friends of Namanu today!
Be sure to ‘like’ our Friends of Namanu Facebook page to receive regular updates and learn about what’s happening.
Friends of Namanu works to keep the traditions of Camp Namanu alive through donations and direct service. This group is a part of Camp Fire Columbia.
Friends of Namanu was established in 1992, as The Camp Namanu Alumni Association. As we have grown over the years, the members decided that Namanu had a place in many people’s hearts, including some that were not specifically alumni. Changing the name of the organization was done in an effort to include all those that have spent time at Namanu that have a desire to be involved in supporting the camp.
What We Do
Friends of Namanu creates opportunities for individuals to be involved in the Namanu community in many active ways, like service weekend volunteer shifts and camp store staffing hours. The members also raise critical funding for the improvement and restoration of Camp Namanu and camp-related projects. Over the last five years, members have raised or contributed over $50,000, and provided countless volunteer hours for a variety of projects and programs.
- Hold Monthly Committee Meetings that help steer our work
- Operate the Camp Store during the summer months
- Provide supplies and yearly maintenance to The Weavery program at camp
- Financially support annual projects and CIT Scholarships
- Support three Volunteer Service Weekends at camp each year
- Host the Friends of Namanu Weekend each September
- Help gather needed supplies for the summer camp program
- Create social gatherings for folks to gather and share a common love of Namanu
- And so much more!
- Annual Auction at the Friends of Namanu Weekend
- Camp Store
- Direct Contributions
- Friends of Namanu Reunion
What members receive:
- Newsletters on what is happening at camp including any upcoming activities
- Invitations to all Friends of Namanu events
- Opportunities to volunteer and support Namanu programs
- The ability to locate lost Namanu friends via the Friends of Namanu database
- Opportunities to connect with new and old friends
Join Friends of Namanu
Choose a membership level:
The flashlight fairy reminds campers to always point the light at the ground and helps them keep their batteries longer when they remember that rule
Annual Fee – Free!
Annual Gift – N/A
The elf that lived at Onahlee but has moved to Namanu
Annual Fee – $25
Annual Gift – Window Cling Decal
He hangs out of the flag pole and reminds kids to carry sweatshirts since it can be chilly at night
Annual Fee – $50
Annual Gift – Friends of Namanu t-shirt
She is head of the table fairies
Annual Fee – $100
Annual Gift – Friends of Namanu laminated shopping bag
He collects the lost hours each week and gives them back on Thursday night so that the night can go on as long as possible
Annual Fee – $250
Annual Gift -Canvas print photo of Namanu
He knows the history of camp and was brought to camp by Uncle Toby
Annual Fee – $500
Annual Gift -Copy of Namanu 90th History Yearbook