Camp Namanu is excited to announce that in April 2017 we will be hosting a textiles retreat. This adult only event will have opportunities for participants to gather together to build new skills and finish personal projects. There will be special guests and volunteers running clinics and workshops to teach you new techniques and advance the skills you already have. All skill levels welcome!
Come stay at Namanu with us for this weekend of knitting, crocheting, embroidery, and much more! You can join us for the weekend at $175 or just for the day on Saturday at $95, meals and lodging included, just pick the housing options you would like and let us do the rest. You can find out more about our lodging options here!
This is an opportunity for you to bring your unfinished projects to camp and finish them while surrounded by other craft procrastinators. Along with that, we will also have workshops and lessons taught by volunteers who love their craft. You can come work on finishing the sweater you promised your best friend two years ago and then go learn how to crochet or knit something new. Some of the activities will have limited space so come ready to sign up for a class or just relax by the fire or the pond with your project.
Arrive on Friday evening to have snacks and settle in to your cabin, or join us Saturday morning at breakfast.
Participants can obtain supplies for this event in one of a few different methods:
- Purchase supplies from their favorite knit/craft shop before arriving at camp
- Present their receipt of registration at one of our partner craft shops for a discounted price on yarn and other supplies before arriving at camp
- We will have packaged textile bundles available for purchase on site for $25.
Check out on Sunday is 11 AM.
This is an alcohol free event.
If you consider yourself someone who is an expert or has sufficient experience in your favorite craft to teach a beginner, intermediate, or advanced course, please contact our Rental Manager at rentnamanu@campfirecolumbia ASAP.
Over the course of the weekend you will have the opportunity to attend workshops and clinics from some experienced craft makers. There will be free time offered all day Saturday if you’d rather sit by a fire and finish that sweater or dish rag that has been sitting on your knitting needles for months.
What will the schedule look like?
Friday evening we will have snacks, board games, and a fire in Uncle Toby’s Story House
1:00pm: Project time/Workshops offered
3:15pm: Project time/Workshops offered
6:30pm: Free time
9:00am: Free Time
10:00am: Pack & Clean
11:00am: See you next time!
If you have never been to Camp Namanu before, here are directions for you!
We are excited to welcome you and your friends to this weekend of crafty fun!
If you have not yet created a registration account in our system, please follow the directions below.
- Follow the prompts on the webpage for the activity you wish to register for and click on Add to Cart.
- At the log in screen please click on Create New Account.
- Enter the required information, and be sure to check the box that designates you as the main contact for the family.
- As an adult, you may choose the age field designating yourself as Adult 18-99.
- Your username is your email address and you must create a password for your account.
- Once entered, you will have the option of clicking on Create Accountor, if you have additional family members to add, Create Account and Add Family Member.
- Now just follow the prompts! If you have any difficulty, please contact the Registrar at 971-340-1608 or 971-340-1607 during normal office hours and we’d be happy to assist you.
If you have questions or concerns please contact our Rental Manager at 971-340-1598 or email@example.com