If you would like to join us as a volunteer at Camp Namanu during the summer of 2018 (and have not previously participated in a Volunteer Training in the last 2 years), please join us for this mandatory training. We will cover camp the role of volunteers, opportunities, camper, staff, and volunteer safety, and more.
Camp Namanu has a rich history of volunteers offering their talents to make camp safe, fun, and exciting for today’s Camp Fire Kids. Summer 2018 is no exception. Whether you choose to volunteer in the Friends of Namanu Camp Store, or offer your talents as a Volunteer Specialist, all Camp Namanu Summer Camp Volunteers must attend a mandatory orientation/training every three years. New federal guidelines also require volunteers to become certified through our on-line Recognizing & Reporting Child Abuse & Neglect course. See below for a link to this on-line course.
This training will be held at 4 PM June 21st, 2018 at the Camp Fire Columbia office at 1411 SW Morrison St #300, Portland, Oregon.
2018 Volunteers will:
- Help Camp Namanu Campers have a safe, fun, and life affirming summer!
- Work alongside our dedicated staff to ensure that Summer 2018 is special and unique.
- Be familiar with Camp Namanu health and safety policies and procedures to ensure health and safety for all.
- Submit a Background Check.
- Become Certified in Recognizing & Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect.
On-line Recognizing & Reporting Child Abuse & Neglect training:
This training is at your own pace. Please follow this link and create an account. http://campus.educadium.com/OCCD/login/index.php Be sure to choose the Recognizing & Reporting Child Abuse & Neglect training!
Questions? Please contact Andy Lindberg, Director of Namanu Programs & Facilities, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 971-340-1593.