At Namanu Day Camp, we know it’s important to keep children’s minds sharp over the summer so they can continue to thrive upon their return to school.
Our Day Camp’s day-to-day activities engage youth in hands-on learning while keeping all the fun and silliness you’ve come to expect from our traditional summer camp. Each week has its own unique theme (like zoology, cooking science, or architecture).
Namanu Day Camp in the City is open to youth entering K to 5th grade, Fall 2018.
A week of Namanu Day Camp includes:
- Low camper to counselor ratio for individualized attention: K-1st grade (6:1), 2nd -3rd grades (7:1), 4th-5th grades (10:1).
- One full-day field trip of outdoor exploration and education.
- 30 minutes of literacy activities four days a week.
- Developmentally-appropriate thematic activities, such as cooking projects, science experiments, and arts & crafts that keep young minds growing and learning in the summer.
- Theme-specific small group field trips and/or special guests.
- Traditional camp games, sports, and songs.
- Two healthy snacks per day.
- Namanu Day Camp in the City T-Shirt (one per camper per session).
- 2017 EVERY CAMPER is invited to join us for our morning and evening Extended Care!
Morning Extended Care begins at 7:00am and ends at 9:00 am with the beginning of Program.
Evening Extended Care begins at 4:00pm after Program ends and concludes at 6:00pm each day.
- The cost of the program includes all camp activities (including field trip entrance and travel fees), staffing, optional extended care, camp T-shirt and button, and two snacks each day. Campers must bring their own sack lunch.
We have FOUR locations to choose from!
2017 Namanu in the City Day Camp
Full Time: Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Before and after care is available at no extra charge, 7:00am – 9:00am, 4:00pm – 6:00pm.
This year, you will be able to register by the session or “Choose Your Days.” February 9th -March 24th, register and receive an Early Bird Discount for each one week session. Pricing and registration dates may vary from site to site depending on partnerships within each community.
BRIDGES (Building Relationships, Identity, Determination, Goal-setting, Empowerment and Sparks!) is open to youth entering 6th, 7th, & 8th grades. This program offers youth the opportunity to begin building the skills necessary to become a camp leader. To learn more, click HERE.
Camp Namanu is proud to provide financial assistance to a number of youth each summer. Scholarships are provided through generous donations from individuals, organizations and partners.
Please register for your first choice of sessions and pay the required deposit before submitting applications for financial assistance.
Financial assistance is available, more info here.
Our Registrars are in the office Monday-Friday from 9am to 5pm. You can reach them by email at Registrar@campfirecolumbia.org.
West Linn Summer Day Camp Fire Registrar Phone: (971)-340-1613. Namanu Day Camp in the City Registrar Phone: (971) 340-1608 or (971) 340-1607.