A packing list can be found here [coming soon!], it is also included in our family pocket guides which will be emailed to you before your camper’s session at Namanu.
A few important highlights:
- Limit:1 bag/suitcase (campers attending an extended session may bring an additional bag/ suitcase) 1 small bag/daypack, sleeping bag, pillow. TIP: Luggage is moved between trucks and trailers so please contain all items in bags rather than tying them together.
- Electronics – we encourage campers to stay engaged with their surroundings and have found that electronics tend to make this more difficult.
- Cell Phones – aside from other electronics, phones (or any quick way to contact home) can actually make a camper feel more homesick. When campers are having trouble with homesickness or other issues, it is best for them to tell their counselor, who can help them to find solutions at camp. If the issue persists, the Camp Director will contact parents.
- Food – the cabins at Camp Namanu are rustic by design. This means that any food could invite unwanted pests into living spaces.
- Namanu is alcohol, tobacco, and drug free – If this is a concern for you, please talk to your camper about our policy prior to camp.