Camp Namanu relies upon the expertise of volunteer nurses and physicians each summer to attend to our campers’ and staffs’ health needs each week at camp.
The role of the nurse/physician at Camp Namanu is many things. In addition to living on 552 of the most beautiful acres in the state of Oregon, our camp nurses participate in the daily fun and business of summer camp.
- Assist at camp check-in, reviewing Health History forms as they are turned in, checking-in medications, and answering health related questions for parents.
- Organize, document, and properly administer camper medications throughout the week.
- Provide staff with a list of health needs of campers.
- Attend to the medical needs of campers and staff during the week.
- Live on site at the healthcare center and be available at all times.
- Screen Health History forms as needed.
We will have a dedicated health care coordinator to assist our volunteer health care professionals. Our staff will help you get oriented to camp, assist with the check-in process, assist with the medication management, and provide coverage at the healthcare center so that you can get some time off each day.
Camp Namanu will provide one scholarships to a standard session in Main Camp in “exchange” for each 1 week that a nurse or physician volunteers. The scholarship can be donated to any child that you choose or given back to Camp Namanu to sponsor another child in need.
If you are interested in applying to be a Volunteer Nurse/Physician at Camp Namanu this summer, 2016 Camp Nurse Volunteer Application and return it along with a copy of your resume and a copy of or online access to your RN or medical license to email@example.com. All new applicants will be required to interview with the camp director and have their professional references checked before final placements are made. Recent graduates are welcome!
Please feel free to contact Andy Lindberg, Director of Namanu Programs & Facilities if you have any questions.